Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brainstorm! A new way to search, research!

Yes, the Titans are all fighting hard to win the battle of the search engines. Personally I think it will take one of the three Bing, Yahoo or Google to come out with something very unique that will differentiate them.

At the moment we have text search, image search, video search and a few other types. So today for example, if I had to research everything about the word "Homer", I would just type the word and out comes a list of text garbage I must search through. Personally I find this process very time consuming! Yes, the list must be very cleverly devised to produce the best results from the internet but I want this search process to be easier. This is why I propose the initiation of  "BrainStorm", an interactive research tool!

This is how it would work:

Step 1: Our BrainStorm search can start off with the usual text search. Although I believe one should also be allowed to drag and drop an image or even a music file to start the search.

First search bubble

Step 2: The search advances by presenting several suggested searches and we just click those bubbles that help us zero into our research topic..In this case the search being Homer! In the end we have a wonderful bubble diagram or brainstorm diagram that can be printed out for further use.

The bubble journey!!
Google, Bing, Yahoo any buyers?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen something called a visual thesaurus which does this.
    http://www.visualthesaurus.com/

    But yes, do agree a more visual output from google searches would be nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Jim Thomas, I jut realised this idea is already implemented by Google.

    http://www.googlewonderwheel.com/google-wonder-wheel-step-by-step

    But although Google still doesn't allow a user to drag and drop a music file or an image into a search box!!

    I just I have to work faster before my ideas are sold!!

    ReplyDelete